Monday, December 20, 2010

Ready, Set, Report

I'm back from the snowy slopes of Aspen, and ready to report, but first a quick shout out to Sarah Q.  Miss Sarah recently got that elusive BFP we all hope and pray for, followed by an amazingly awesome beta, and I just want to heartily congratulate her, and wish her all the best.  It really was so nice to come home to a little good news from my ladies in the blogosphere.

Also, a quick word about side effects.  Someone commented recently, asking about the side effects of Clomid.  MissConception posted a great, detailed account of the many wonderful, potential side effects of this infamous little, white pill.  So please feel free to take a look at her post for more information.

My first experience with Clomid has so far been pretty uneventful.  My biggest complaint - hot flashes.  I swear, for a second I thought I was losing my mind...then I remembered it was a side effect of the meds, and I calmed down a little.  The first hot flash, not too terrible, but the next one had me stripping layers and holding an ice cold cup of water to my steaming cheeks (in the middle of party in Aspen mind you).  Well, at least I know now what my mom's been complaining about. 

I've had a bit of mood-swingyness, and some bloat, but overall, I would call this a pretty good run for a first timer.  I have no idea if or when I will ovulate, and my doc hasn't ordered any U/S's, so I guess I'll just be OPKing temping away and hoping for the best.

In other news, our insurance company has totally screwed us over, again.  I was told, very specifically, that both my sonohysterogram and HSG would be covered, but we just received two bills for $1000 each.  I am going to argue with them tomorrow, but I'm scared I might lose.  They put the exception as not covering anything pertaining to IVF or other insemination treatments, but these tests didn't have anything to do with that, and were purely diagnostic! Grrr...

Well, that's all the news for the moment.  Good night to everyone, and best wishes for more successful cycles.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there and thanks for vistiting (and commenting) on my blog. It's so nice to find women who really "get" you on here.
    It sounds like you are sorta in the same place as me for now. Just opks and BDing!
    I hate to say this, but I was looking forward to the IUI just so I wouldn't have to figure out all the best times to BD! Man that gets old!

    Good luck and I'll be following.

    http://missconception-ads.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete