Sunday, January 30, 2011

Wowza!

I have been exceedingly blessed in the last week to receive three blog awards (2 I <3 This Blog awards, and 1 Styligh Blogger Award).  I find this pretty amazing, and just plain uber awesome, so to Me and You, Just us - Two, LisaB over at the Pursuit of Pregnancy, and Jen at The Chronicles of Violetta Margharita, thank you so much!



So, here's what I am supposed to do:
1. Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award (check)
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award some other bloggers that are deserving
4. Contact those bloggers and let them know about the award

7 things, hmm...

1) I have a passion for all things dairy, and have been known to venture out in arctic winds and sub-freezing temperatures just to get an ice cream cone.

2) My favorite dairy product is goat cheese, and I am a firm believer that adding goat cheese to any dish really does make it better.

3) I've ridden on two very different but equally obliging elephants, and they are probably my favorite creatures on Earth (please don't tell my cat I said that).  

4) I love the sound of my cat purring, even when I'm trying to sleep -- there, I think I made up for the last one.  

5) In grad school I lived and studied for one month with a Quichua family in the Amazonian rain forest, without electricity or running water, and I loved it.  

6) I have read all of Jane Austen's work, including her Juvenilia, and watched almost every film adaptation of her books ever made.  

7) I harbor secret fantasies of running away with Fitzwilliam Darcy.

I have found some amazing women since starting my blog.  This is just a few of them.  


The "I <3 This Blog Award":


1) Lisa B at the Pursuit of Prenancy.  I know she just sent me the Stylish Blogger award, but really I love reading her blog, and sharing news with her, and I can't see leaving her out of this list.  Lisa had some difficult news recently after a failed IVF cycle with an early loss, so please stop by her blog and share some love.

2) Elphaba (AKA "runny yolk") over at Yolk: A blog about eggs and sperm.  This lady is an amazing writer, and her sense of humor gets me laughing even on my most awful/painful days.

3) 

4) One Cycle at a Time, who I actually just saw nominated me for the same award :)  I guess brilliant minds think alike.










3 comments:

  1. Hi there, I found your blog through a search on google and joined as a follower to follow your journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the shout out and your sweet words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thank you so much for the award and congrats on yours! -Elphaba

    ReplyDelete