Monday, October 18, 2010

Off to the doctor I go...again...

It's the night before my visit with my OB/GYN, and I'm actually feeling a little nervous.  I know that's silly, especially as I've visited plenty of doctors in the recent past, but I feel like I've invested a lot of emotional energy in this particular appointment.  Will I get good news, or bad, or no news at all?  Will it be a big waste of time?  Will I find myself back at square one? And, the biggest question of all...can she help me get pregnant? 

Health-wise, I've reason to be concerned: The little bit of weight I've taken off since starting the Synthroid, is sneaking back on me, and I've been sleeping every chance I get.  Work time is losing out to my half asleep, spaced out, staring at the monitor mode, and for the most part I just feel like a huge waste of space.  I've also had two LH surges already this month, with no sign of actual ovulation.

It's all very disheartening, but I'm trying to stay optimistic -- at least till I get to the doctor's office.  I guess that's where the heavy emotional weight of this one appointment comes in.  Wish me luck.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment