Monday, November 15, 2010

Memories

I was thinking the other day how sometimes a good memory can lift me right out of a funk.  I was watching the very silly, but kind of cute live action Popeye movie, the one with Robin Williams as Popeye, and I realized that the last time I watched it I was maybe 6 or 7 years old.  Suddenly I was right back on the old sofa (old even at that time) in my parents' house, in the den that doesn't exist anymore, and mentally back before life became complicated and the worst part of my day was being told it was bed time when it the summer sun was still out.

In that moment, I could actually feel the scratchy fabric of the couch beneath me and visualize what might have been happening at that exact moment (e.g. my mom in the kitchen upstairs making dinner, our old hamster running in his wheel, my dad coming in the front door, asking, "What's cooking" - I haven't heard my dad say this phrase in years, but he used to say it almost every day when he came home.  It was his usual greeting to my sister and me).   

Anyway, I just thought I would share my musings in hopes it might trigger some happy memories for you ladies and lift your spirits.
Thanks for being there -- oh, and the HSG went pretty well.  It hurt like anything, but my tubes were open and my uterus is not in fact bicorunate!

No comments:

Post a Comment