Sunday, June 5, 2011

Alive and well

Hey Everyone,

I am sorry for disappearing for so long, and for worrying people.  I've actually just been so incredibly stressed and busy that I haven't been able to get onto Blogger much except to occasionally check in on some of the ladies I know are in the midst of IVF cycling. 

I'm almost 13 weeks now, doing fine, and hoping that baby is doing fine since our last check up at 10 weeks.  I'm still ravenous, still growing fatter, and still kinda sleepy, so I'm taking those all as good signs that everything is okay. 

I wasn't able to have an ultrasound at 10 weeks, which was kinda disappointing.  My doctor used the doppler on me, and insisted we really don't need another ultrasound till 18-20 weeks.  I wanted to cry and beg, but I was too happy upon hearing the baby's healthy heartbeat to make much of a scene. 

It has been rough traveling, being barely at home, and dealing with all the pre-move stuff, but I know soon enough it will all be resolved...one way or another.  We haven't found a place to live yet, even with the whirlwind Boston area apartment tour, and time is definitely running out.  I keep asking myself, why does the Boston rental market have to suck so much?  Why do you have to pay through your nose just to have a place with safe electrical wiring that allows cats and doesn't have lead paint in the walls?

I admit to actually begging DH to just sign the lease on this one great place that is way too expensive for us, but he is being annoyingly prudent/wise and resisting.  My nesting instincts are already in full gear, and not having a home is making me a bit crazy and literally paining me each time I look at this place I would truly love to live but we just can't afford with our combined school loan and credit card debt.

Self-Pity-Party Moment -- Everything is so much harder now that we have this huge hurdle of credit card debt left over from the fertility treatments.  I certainly DO NOT regret the money we spent, it just sucks that we have nothing left now to make the home I once dreamed of for our little one...infertility really is the gift that keeps on giving.






3 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I'm sorry! And I completely understand. We will have goin on 35K in debt once this cycle is over. We will be paying this off for years! And it makes a huge difference in what we will be able to afford.

    I am so happy that your pregnancy is going well and you are going to finally be a mommy. The house thing will work out. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear updates from you! I was wondering where you were, and hoping all was well. 13 weeks yayy :) When i first heard the HB using the doppler, I couldn't believe that lil heart was really the baby's. My hubby said i'd have to run 10 miles to get my heart rate up that high (and that i didnt have my heart down there :P) My last U/S was at 9 weeks,and next one is at 20 wks, so I know how hard the wait is.
    Good luck with the house hunt. Things will fall into place soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're moving to Boston? Yaaay! We live closer to Providence (only about 45 min away) but DH went to grad school in Boston & we have some friends in the metro west area. Let me know if you have any questions or need a direction to be pointed towards: stephanie.sivalingam(at)gmail(dot)com.

    ReplyDelete