Friday, November 25, 2011

Bad blogger

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry for being such a bad blogger and commenter lately.  It's been such a whirlwind here these last couple of weeks - with my baby shower, birthday getaway, Thanksgiving, out of town guests, and just being tired a lot of the time - and I feel like time keeps getting away from me.

The shower was beautiful, though I did miss having my family there.  One of my close friends hosted it, and she did a whole book theme, including adorable book streamers (see photo below) and having each guest bring a children's book they love with a message to the baby inside.


My sister, who wanted to be a part of the event but couldn't, was able to Sky*pe in during the gift opening.  It was so nice seeing her and my beautiful niece and nephew peeping through the computer screen - almost like they were there in the room with us.

The following week we had a visit from one of DH's relatives from India, and then we were off for a last Baby-Moon weekend for my 30th birthday.  We spent two days in Portsmouth, NH, just a short drive from home, and probably the perfect low-key destination that I needed. 

It is so exciting to see so many fellow bloggers doing so well.  I was so happy to read that both AP from My Dusty Uterus and All You Knew Was Love, have both delivered healthy babies and are doing great.  Mazel Tov ladies!

Not too much to report over here.  I'm 37.5 weeks, and baby hasn't dropped, so I don't think things will be getting started too soon.  I'm having awful carpel tunnel issues from all the swelling, and also rib pain on my left side, but so far both have been fairly manageable with Hypnobabies meditations, Tylenol and ice packs.  The restless leg syndrome stuff is probably the worst thing, as it means even more insomnia, and nothing seems to help ease it.  I just have to wait it out, even if that means not sleeping till 3am.  It isn't so terrible, since I'm not working and can nap during the day usually, but it makes me worried that I'll be sleepy and exhausted before even starting labor and that it could lead to me needing medical intervention during labor that I don't want.  I'm probably just worrying too much and over-analyzing, as usual...

Anyway, for the time being I'm trying to get in walks every day, drinking Red Raspberry Lead Tea, swallowing nightly Evening Primrose Oil tablets, and practicing my squats, so now it is just a waiting game...the countdown to finally seeing the face of my little girl. 


Kerrik

3 comments:

  1. Your shower looks adorable! Can't wait to "meet" your little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kerri! Glad to see your update! Lovely pictures! I'm glad you've had a nice time. Sorry to hear about your pain and restless leg syndrome - yikes! I can't believe baby will be here soon. I'll be thinking of you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how I love my icepacks!!! I also got some lidocane patches from my dr to apply to my ribcage - they help a lot when I just need some relief. Sitting in a hot tub or warm pool seems to give me a few minutes of pain free floating as well. Prenatal yoga is pretty awesome too and keeps my hip aches from getting to intense. oh the pains - I love them so!

    I am So beyond jealous that you are done working. The thought of starting another week in the office brings on a panic! At least I don't have any more meetings scheduled,

    We are so so close!!!

    ReplyDelete